| Course Code: ||ΜΚ3|
| Course Level: ||Undergratuate|
| Obligatory/Elective: ||Obligatory|
| Semester: ||4|
| Division: ||Main Course|
| Group: ||Main Course|
| ECTS Credits: ||5|
| Hours Per Week: ||4|
| Website: ||/eclass.uowm.gr/courses/ECE364/|
| Language: ||Greek, English|
| Content: |
Electrostatic field: point and distributed electric charges φορτία,
Coulomb’s law, electric-field intensity, scalar electric potential,
dielectric displacement, Gauss law, boundary conditions.
Conductors, capacitors, capacitance.
The method of images.
Fields due to constant electric currents: current intensity, current
density, Ohm’s law, electric resistance, Joule’s law, grounding
Magnetostatic field: Ampere’s law, vector magnetic potential, Biot-
Savart law, magnetic flex, self-inductance, forces on wires.
Electromagnetic induction, Faraday’s law.
|Learning Outcomes: |
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able:
- to describe the sources of static electric and magnetic fields andunderstand the physical significance of the pertinent quantities,
- to compute the electric-field intensity, generated by point or distributed charges,
- to understand the interaction between electric fields and conductors,
- to calculate the capacitance of different configurations and the resistance of conducting objects ,
- to understand the behavior of simple grounding elements,
- to calculate the magnetic-field intensity due to known current distributions,
- to calculate the induced voltages on conductors and the applied forces on current-carrying wires.
Elements from Mathematical Analysis II are required.
|Teaching Methods: |
|Individual study (theoritical part)
|Individual study (problem solving)
Summative mid-term written assessment (25%) and
summative final written assessment (75%) in Greek. The adequacy of theoretical knowledge, the ability to apply specific methodologies and the ability to solve problemsunder specific time constraints are tested. The evaluation criteria refer to the validity of the answers, as well as to the degree of their clarity and completeness. Oral exams are provided for students with learning difficulties. The criteria can be accessed by students via the platform eclass.uowm.gr.
|Suggested Books: |
1. ΤΣΙΜΠΟΥΚΗΣ Δ. ΘΕΟΔΩΡΟΣ, ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΜΑΓΝΗΤΙΚΟ ΠΕΔΙΟ
(ενιαίος τόμος), ΙΔΡΥΜΑ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑΣ & ΕΡΕΥΝΑΣ-ΠΑΝΕ-
ΠΙΣΤΗΜΙΑΚΕΣ ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΚΡΗΤΗΣ, Έκδοση: 1η/2014
2. Ρουμελιώτης Ι.-Τσαλαμέγκας Ι., Ηλεκτρομαγνητικά Πεδία,
τόμος Β΄, ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α. ΤΖΙΟΛΑ & ΥΙΟΙ Α.Ε., Έκδοση: 1η έκδ./
3. GRIFFITHS J. DAVID, ΕΙΣΑΓΩΓΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΔΥΝΑΜΙΚΗ
(ΣΕ ΕΝΑΝ ΤΟΜΟ), ΙΔΡΥΜΑ ΤΕΧΝΟΛΟΓΙΑΣ & ΕΡΕΥΝΑΣ-ΠΑ-
ΝΕΠΙΣΤΗΜΙΑΚΕΣ ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΚΡΗΤΗΣ, Έκδοση: 1η/2012.
4. RAYMOND A. SERWAY, JOHN W. JEWETT, ΦΥΣΙΚΗ ΓΙΑ ΕΠΙ-
ΣΤΗΜΟΝΕΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΟΥΣ: ΗΛΕΚΤΡΙΣΜΟΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΑΓΝΗ-
ΤΙΣΜΟΣ, ΦΩΣ ΚΑΙ ΟΠΤΙΚΗ, ΣΥΓΧΡΟΝΗ ΦΥΣΙΚΗ, ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ
ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΘΜΟΣ ΕΠΕ, Έκδοση: 8η Αμερικανική/2013.